Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > MOONBASE ALPHA COMMLOCK > Translator Microbes
Notices
Translator Microbes News that is injected into you and colonise at the base of your brain.

Old January 26th, 2009, 08:32 PM   #1
BST
Shuttle Pilot

Default Gene Roddenberry, wife to spend eternity in space

Source: http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D95V7LH00.html

Quote:
Gene Roddenberry, wife to spend eternity in space

Jan 26, 10:04 PM (ET)

LOS ANGELES (AP) - The creator of "Star Trek" and his wife will spend eternity together in space. Celestis Inc., a company that specializes in "memorial spaceflights," said Monday that it will ship the remains of Gene Roddenberry and Majel Barrett Roddenberry into space next year.

The couple's cremated remains will be sealed into specially made capsules designed to withstand the rigors of space travel. A rocket-launched spacecraft will carry the capsules, along with digitized tributes from fans.

The Roddenberrys' remains - and the spacecraft - will travel ever deeper into space and will not return to earth, company spokeswoman Susan Schonfeld said.

After Gene Roddenberry died in 1991, his wife commissioned Celestis to launch a part of his remains into space in 1997. She died Dec. 18, 2008.

BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 04:14 PM   #2
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Default Re: Gene Roddenberry, wife to spend eternity in space

I hadn't realized until just now that my sister and Majel passed on the same day.
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote