Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > CREATIVE BRAINS > On The Horizon
Notices
On The Horizon Working on something? With a 2D or 3D app? Is it SF - Fantasy - Real world? Let's see it!
To post art for Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old January 19th, 2013, 09:43 PM   #1
FleetAdmiral01
Shuttle Pilot

Default FleetAdmiral01 (John Bachofer)'s SciFi Art Work Thread

Hello everyone, I'm new here but do have plans for some unique projects over the coming months.

Right now I am currently working on a script for my own adaptation of Space Battles.com's Star Trek V. Star Wars Animated movies. Actually putting a storyline behind them.

My preferences in terms of 3D Software are 3DS MAX 2012, Poser 9, and Blender 3D though I do use other programs for 3D Model format conversion. (Would need to do that for converting models that were brought over from the Gmod databank.)

I'm going to start off by saying I am curious to hear your guy's thoughts on my plans for this thread. And stay tuned for project updates. I'm going to try to keep a pace.
FleetAdmiral01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2013, 11:11 PM   #2
FleetAdmiral01
Shuttle Pilot

Default Re: FleetAdmiral01 (John Bachofer)'s SciFi Art Work Thread

Now my adaptation of Johan Alms' Space Battles does now have preliminary plotline set.

Primary storyline

Starts off with the Babylon 5 vs Star Trek conflict (as seen in Alpha Quadrant) then they are forced to call a truce when both of them are faced with a comon enemy. The Star Wars Empire and The Covenant from Halo have teamed up and have prescence in Babylon 5 and Federation space. That presence poses a threat so B5 and ST seek out their new enemy's most powerful enemies and so the Rebels and UNSC come into play. Galactica is in there too but it doesn't really do much it's just sort of there.

The secondary storyline: The Empire has torn apart a federation planet to dig up an ancient weapon that for now would replace Death Star I. It's now a personal fight for this new Star Trek oriented character (Captain Jacob Bachofer-my counterself basically) to destroy this new weapon before the empire gets a chance to do anything with it. For him it's personal because that destroyed planet is his homeworld.

There are stories of relationships between original characters and canon characters that will devellop later on for instance this 1st episode references the Bring Back Kirk fan film.

Apart from that
It started off being souly based entirely on Space Battles.com but then I saw this thing on Youtube called Invasion: The Battle For Earth in which this particular user compiled footage from all kinds of different Sci-Fi films and TV Series together and was still able to maintain a stable standing storyline. After that I was thinking why not do something like that with my work.

My own made character models are in Poser format but alot of the others that I have Star Wars Halo Mass Effect ones come right out of the most recent games. The Gmod community is how I got my hands on them.
Old January 20th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #3
FleetAdmiral01
Shuttle Pilot

I'm going to post a link here pretty soon to the wiki about this project soon (Still writing it) so you can keep your eyes open about that.
Old January 21st, 2013, 02:37 AM   #4
gmd3d
Admin

cool,,,,, its interesting to see how projects develop

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2013, 03:12 AM   #5
FleetAdmiral01
Shuttle Pilot

Thank you. I have the script just about finished. Me and my friends at school will record the voices. While I do the rendering. I think I'll fallow the format the tnpir4001 has been doing with publicly releasing things. Scene by scene then piecing it all together at the end.
Old March 29th, 2013, 11:58 PM   #6
FleetAdmiral01
Shuttle Pilot

Sorry if I haven't been very active lately. I've been so entangled in school work that I almost forgot about my thread here. I wanted to let you guys know in this post that I have been working to some degree on my adaptation of Space Battles.com.
(This is a video I put up about a month ago where I discuss Space Battles the series and some of the things I plan to do with it, and what means I possess to carry out those intentions.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQIeaM_8X7U

Another reason production is slow is due to a technical problem with my Star Wars/Halo game models. Poser 9 does recognize them but as static objects and not poseable figures. For the moment they are stuck in the T-Pose. I have an idea however to make them poseable it involves poser's set up control and "cloning" and transferring a bone set from a poser model into place on the imported OBJ. Getting Force Unleashed and Halo Reach models to work in poser will really make me happy. Those models are fantastic and poser is such an easy program to master. Of course I am also making my own models including for example, I've given myself the green light to do this. Do an episode of the series based on the events after Return of the Jedi only the Trek characters, B5, BSG, Halo, etc characters are also there. That means models of Post ROTJ era such as Admiral Thrawn, Mara Jade, Jaina/Jacen Solo, Vong Warriors, Older Han/Luke/Lando/Leia, Pregnant Leia, Ben Skywalker, etc. And in regards to the Pregnant Leia part of the story. That is one of those controversial things that I really need to know how to handle it exactly right before I do it. Since Pregnancy in American scifi films is so quickly turned into something bad. I really do not want to make that mistake. But that is where I stand for now.
Old October 8th, 2013, 09:47 PM   #7
FleetAdmiral01
Shuttle Pilot

My apologies if I haven't been very active lately. Like tnpir4001 other work got in the way of me doing my material. But I have gotten to work on modeling here and there. Not anything worth uploading yet but I really just wanted to let any moderators know I am still alive. Just been inactive lately.
Old October 17th, 2013, 02:47 PM   #8
gmd3d
Admin

no problem I not been around much myself..

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote