Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > CREATIVE BRAINS > On The Horizon
Notices
On The Horizon Working on something? With a 2D or 3D app? Is it SF - Fantasy - Real world? Let's see it!
To post art for Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old October 23rd, 2008, 02:39 PM   #1
Aabh
Shuttle Pilot

Default Starfleet Spaceflight Construction Set 1 (help?)

You guys have wonderful models But I was already started on this when I chatted with you folks... So it seemed a real waste to not follow through.

Anyway, I have the first Starfleet Spaceflight Construction Set pieces ready, it's the Saladin from Starship Saladin (At least as she is in my comic).

*SEE ATTACHMENT*

(Well, that turned out irritatingly large... sorry about that...I wonder if there is a thumbnail function? Mods: please feel free to modify as you see fit... I'm sorry about the size... I'm still a newbie here )

Here's the problem; I'm modelling in Anim8or (Don't ask... it was free, and I have a stupidly long learning curve, so when I learned TS was free, I realized it would take me months to complete this if I switched. Now, as it is, I can build pretty fast in Anim8or... though I worry because it can only lathe to 32 sections, which means my dish is only 32 sections around, not 48 like I was hoping for... But it looks alright... doesn't it? ). Anyway, I also only have UV mapper (The free version)... which means... I need help. Would someone volunteer to take these pieces in, unwrap them (To certain specifications), and then save them back as .obj files?

I also need a few booleans done on 2 special versions of the dish (My Destroyer in my comic has docking ports on the dish ala Enterprise, aslo Destroyers have torpedo tubes on the front of the "Island" at decks 2 and 3)

Anyway, would anyone be willing to do this? In trade I'll hand over all of the pieces (I'll be making the nacelle support struts (Ptolomy/Heavy Cruiser/Dreadnaught) and the docking pad for the Ptolomy today. A little later on I'll make the secondary hull for the Heavy Cruiser... that would only leave the special Dreadnaught parts and you could build anything in the Technical Manual )

Later on, I'll need help packaging this all up so I can distribute it (Would it be okay to distribute this here? I've never done this before, so I and kinda clueless there too...). I intend to make only comic-style maps for my construction set (It's what I built the set for, distribution is simply because if it can help someone else, that's even cooler! ), so if anyone out there with awesome ship painting skills wants to make some photo-real maps for the set, that would be tres-cool!

Thanks guys!

---Aabh
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Saladin_Blueprint.jpg (92.9 KB, 19 views)
Aabh is offline   Reply With Quote