Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > CREATIVE BRAINS > On The Horizon
Notices
On The Horizon Working on something? With a 2D or 3D app? Is it SF - Fantasy - Real world? Let's see it!
To post art for Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old November 15th, 2001, 04:46 PM   #1
Zoxesyr
captain-owner-aboard

Default Klingon Patrol Ship

Based on this quote on the d3-d4 string, I realized that I had a TOS design.

Quote:
Originally posted by Masao
I intended to have the wings to be simple slabs rather than being an airfoil, since this ship doesn't enter the atmosphere. The wings in alll other Klingon ships we've seen have also been slabs. I recognize that might cause trouble for mating with the body.
I created a simple model for a ship the klingons used in an RPG we played a long time ago. It was an older ship, smaller and cast in the role of police and patrol ship. I went with the blockier design too.

Klingon border patrol ship

I never textured this ship, and it needs some work on the head/neck and back. (I am looking for suggestions....)

The pods at the end of the "wings" are the primary weapons pods. I kitbashed the warp pods from the shareware D7 on 3dCafe. (since the RPG was in the TOS era, I imagined that they would upgrade the warp pods from the pre-TOS versions.)
Zoxesyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2001, 11:28 PM   #2
Masao

I'm not sure if I like the nacelles midwing like that. I think having the nacelles at the end of the wing is more consistent with Klingon style (Although Matt Jefferies did make a sketch that sort of looked like this). I'd also shorten the impulse deck (the central elevation on the secondary hull), for no other reason than to break up that long unfeatured surface somehow. You might try making the secondary hull a bit shorter front to back. The head looks bigger in the 3/4 shot than I thought it would be. As it is, I think the head looks a bit too small, especially on the side view.

Anyways, play around with it and see how it looks.

Masao
Old November 16th, 2001, 09:57 AM   #3
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

I would increase the head's height. Looks too thin the way it is. Is it orange, or is that just the light?

The whole ship looks a bit thin, come to think of it, but you are on the right track. Keep with it and post some your progress.
skyhawk223 is offline   Reply With Quote