Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > Viewer On!
Notices
Viewer On! Talk about old, new or upcoming movies or TV series in the realm of SciFi or Fantasy.
To discuss Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old May 17th, 2006, 06:41 AM   #1
UnWantedSoldier

Default Star Trek Sedition - The Inevitable

This is my first post on this forum, but some of you may know me from scifi-meshes.com. I've been registered here for a while but never got around to posting here, (or even looking around the forums very much) I noticed this forum the other day and since i have been doing a great deal of writing for my pet project, the Resurrection of my old RPG Star Trek Sedition, i figured this would be the perfect place to post my not graphics work.

Here is a brief synopsis of the story for Star Trek Sedition

In the year 2287 a man named Jonathan Mitchell Kane was elected to the President of the Federation. In the Normal trek universe this man never even made it onto the federation council let alone the presidency. During his ten-year stint on the council helped pass many bills which increased spending and helped to further militarize Starfleet. During this time Starfleet begin its gradual decent away from its mission of peace full mission of exploration to one of military conquest. About 5 years after His election to the presidency a political activist group called the Citizens Organization for New Federation Ethics and Diplomacy (C.O.N.F.E.D.) began to actively speak out about against the federation president and Starfleet’s new mission. In the first 5 years the his presidency the federation had been involved in at least three major conflicts with various species, most notably with the Gorn (and a couple other minor races, they were unwilling to take on the Romulans at this time and the Klingons are another story entirely) where Starfleet had committed multiple acts of genocide and nearly whipped out the entire Gorn race and scattering the survivors across the quadrant. 5 years later (10 years after he was elected the first time) The President was a year into his second term in office while he was away on a diplomatic mission to the Klingon home world a terrorist bomb was detonated in San Francisco, it whipped out Starfleet head quarters, Starfleet Academy, The entire federation council (who had been gathered together for an emergency session, rumors have it there meeting was to start the impeachment process and remove the president from power) and nearly the entire city was leveled. A supposed “splinter” group of the C.O.N.F.E.D. took credit for the attack. The President immediately declared martial law vowing to relinquish his power the moment he brought those responsible for this horrific act to justice. Just like that, what was the greatest democracy this side of the galaxy had ever known was turned into Totalitarian government, under the control of one man.

35 years latter, it is 2332 the president is still in power and the federation is still under martial law. During the last 35 years the president used the attack as an excuse to star a massive military campaign of expansion nearly doubling the size of federation space, and whipping out any who stood in there way. Despite having brought multiple person affiliated with the C.O.N.F.E.D. to what called justice, he had yet to step down from the presidency. Ironically while the federation had grown more and more hostile towards other races, relations with the Klingon Empire had grown extremely strong, to the point where Klingon vessel where seen patrolling alongside Starfleet vessels. And during the civilian uprising of 2224 on Altar 5, The President allowed the deployment of Klingon troops to assist in quelling the uprising. In mid 2332 a rogue transmission from a relay station in the Mutara sector high jacked the Starfleet Communication Network and shut it down for 3 hours. The Transmission included a data packet which contained evidence of the Presidents involvement in the terrorist attack on Starfleet. It showed that it was not a splinter cell of the C.O.N.F.E.D. that had perpetrated the attack, but a detachment of Starfleet Special Services assigned to the presidency that where responsible for this atrocity.

Truthfully the evidence wasn’t all that substantial, but for 11 Starfleet Captains it was the excuse they had been looking for. Weather or not the evidence was proven true it was clear by the past 45 years that the president did not belong in office and he was in fact illegally holding office. Along with these ships a few planets broke away but without an organized defense these planets where completely whipped out within days. The Fleet floated around avoiding federation patrols as they coalesced. Eventually they came across what was left of the C.O.N.F.E.D. organization the two groups merged into what is known as the C.O.N.F.E.D. Fleet. With no one else to turn to the Fleet turned to the enemy of their enemy, The Romulan Star Empire and formed an alliance and were given access to Romulan cloaking technology, weapons and general supplies.

Here is a link to the PDF for the first chapter of Star Trek Sedition - The Inevitable

If any one has any trouble with the PDF just let me know and i can post the entire think in here, minus most of the formatting. I can also make the .doc version available if need be.

I Hope you enjoy, and I look forward to any input any of you may have in to my version of Trek.
Old May 17th, 2006, 10:55 AM   #2
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Hey, welcome (even though you've been a member for a year and two-thirds )

I know I've been following this project. Hopefully you'll post some more once you get some more work done.

Is your website complete? If not, please keep us posted.
Old May 17th, 2006, 03:47 PM   #3
UnWantedSoldier

Parts of the website are complete, and it is up on the net. you can view it at http://www.startreksedition.com (event though it says IE on the main page firefox works fine with it, I need to change that) The only section that is partially up right now is the database. I need to change a few things since this is essentially exactly the same website that was used for the RPG.
Old May 17th, 2006, 08:39 PM   #4
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Website looks great. Can't wait till it's all online. It's a good thing the site works with Firefox, because I don't have Internet Explorer installed because I don't use it at all.
Old May 17th, 2006, 09:31 PM   #5
UnWantedSoldier

My brother recently introduced me to firefox and I never looked back, I love the thing. lol Down With the Evil Empire!
Old May 17th, 2006, 10:16 PM   #6
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnWantedSoldier
Down With the Evil Empire!
Yes!!! Microsoft must die!!!!!!