Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old June 9th, 2005, 08:57 AM   #1
Mythos

Default A life in a Chat

Some weeks ago a girl from my class (who I always thatough of that she hated me) talked a bit to me. 't was about stuff, don't remember, when being home we sent e-mails to each other. She send me a link of a chat site she is registererd to. She has more than one account there, but in the profile of the one I knew was a hint to another. Out of interest I searched for it:

Registered since August 22nd 2002
Since then she has spent 154824 minutes here...

154824 minutes... this is 107 days... in 3 years...

Is it just me or is that really a bit much time?
Old June 9th, 2005, 09:56 AM   #2
moovok
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Moderator

My sister is online and usually on a chatroom site for 7 hours a day, which if you work that out over the past 2-3 years is QUITE a lot. What sad sad lives people on the internet lead
moovok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2005, 03:58 PM   #3
Proximo

I spend approximately 5 hours a day on the internet, on average. most of that at weekends, granted... but still...

I need a life.
Old June 11th, 2005, 04:30 PM   #4
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

107 days in three years is nothing.
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2005, 12:34 PM   #5
Ryoken3D

Due to internet problems, I'm not in my chat room as much as I'd like, but, when I was, espiclly here and at Uni when I had 24/7 connections, I was there, active or just idling, 10+hrs a day.. And when I was on dlaiup, if I was online, I was in the chat room..

Then again, maybe I've spent too much time there too

Ryoken
Old June 21st, 2005, 07:12 AM   #6
Mythos

Well, heh, I didn't say anything...
Old June 22nd, 2005, 02:02 PM   #7
dfalconet

Well, I will be the voice of dissent here. I have met some very interesting people on the internet and feel they have added an extra dimension to my life. And I really do have another life. I don't do the chat rooms because they drive me crazy but I love a good chat on an IM. Some of these people have proven to be real friends. Of course I have met some real jerks there also, but it is easy to ignore them ( My goodness, that sounds like real life. huh?)

All in all, I would not exchange these experiences for anything.
Old June 23rd, 2005, 01:20 AM   #8
General Phoenix
3DG Administrator Emeritus

I've known people who have fallen in love via the internet - via these forums, as a matter of fact - so it's definitely not a waste of time.
Old June 25th, 2005, 02:42 PM   #9
Mythos

Falling in in love via the internet is very questionable in my opinion. But that's another thing.