Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old January 9th, 2003, 05:55 PM   #1
thomas7g

Default Good news for Stargate fans

for stargate fans who don't get to the ColonialFleet forums:

Quote:
TVGuideOnline: You mean to tell me that Farscape doesn't have the numbers to merit a fourth season, but Stargate SG-1, which you just renewed, is attracting a big enough audience to deserve a seventh?

BonnieHammer: Yes. Take a look at our numbers on Monday nights just for the Stargate repeats. It's crazy! Before we ended the season on Stargate, we were getting a very high 1 [rating] and peaked at, I think, a 2 or a 2.1. That was for new, original episodes. [Now] our average for Stargate repeats has been unbelievable — 1.7 and 1.8 [ratings]. When Farscape was repeating, we were lucky if we got a .8. So there's a huge difference.
http://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/s...threadid=18660
Old January 10th, 2003, 12:05 AM   #2
michaelfaries

Wait for the "Stargate SG-1" spin-off, due in 2003 (or 2004): "Stargate SG-Atlantis" or whatever it gets named. And who SCI-FI is considering to work behind the scenes on it. :/

SCI-FI knows "SG-1" is a goldmine. But will they collapse the mine or dig deeper and turn out more quality stuff? Time will tell...

If it's any consolation, one of my friends is writing the "SG-1" comic books, due soon. I'll see if he would be willing to participate here.

Michael
Old January 10th, 2003, 12:00 PM   #3
phish

Cool.

They had the series set up to end at Season 6, but they left it open for it to continue. I think that they are going to finish it at 7 now and go to a movie then a spinoff.
Old January 10th, 2003, 12:46 PM   #4
thomas7g

I just hope any spin off is given more attention than that cartoon. That toon is horrendous! Okay...itsa toon... but man its painful to watch, though I admit I only checked it out twice.
Old January 11th, 2003, 02:03 PM   #5
Vertigo1

Never watched the toon, and I don't intend to. Its being on Fox is enough to keep me from tuning in. I'll give Atlantis a fair shot.
Old January 11th, 2003, 03:08 PM   #6
Dark Overlord

the toon has all the charm and quality of an enema.
Old January 12th, 2003, 05:40 AM   #7
an0n

.....administered using a bucket of water and a symbiote carcass.

I'm really starting to hate all Saturday morning cartoons. All this touchy-feely crap. Whatever happened to giant robots blowing up planets? Oh, and Infinity's kawoooosh is so lame it should be taken to the pound and shot.
Old January 13th, 2003, 10:39 AM   #8
Apothis

The Toon fails miserably and I wished it would have done in more of an anime style than the U.S. Cartoon style.
Old January 13th, 2003, 11:37 AM   #9
phish

Never seen, dont wan't to.
Spoiler

The spin off might be tying in with the Season 6 finale. In the finale Daniel tells Jack of the Lost City of The Ancients (Atlantis?).

*edited by Tom7g who really didn't want to see that spoiler
Old January 13th, 2003, 09:19 PM   #10
Arrghman

Quote:
Originally posted by phish
The spin off might be tying in with the Season 6 finale. In the finale Daniel tells Jack of the Lost City of The Ancients (Atlantis?).
I'd be seriously suprised if that wasn't what the focus is going to be. the only thing I remember hearing about it is someone... I think Wright... saying that they're going to "evolve the stargate" whatever that means...
Old January 14th, 2003, 08:15 AM   #11
an0n

9th chevron I reckon.

Atlantis was in the ocean, under the water. IE, through the event horizon. So you probably dial an 9 chevron location, but put in the p.o.o as the 9th and a glyph for the 8th chevron that has nothing to do with co-ordinates and is only used to unlock the super-secret, space-warping, dimension hoping, time skipping uber-function of the Stargate.

Wouldn't surpise me if you had to dial Earth some funky way to get to Atlantis, but the woman from Frozen did it wrong and ended up being kicked out at Earth instead of Atlantis.

*thinks Anubis is an evil ascendee, the Eye of Ra (and the Eye of Marduk) is the key to getting the DHD to dial 9 chevrons and get to the Ancients and the Ancients aren't ascendees (at least not any that we know about)*
Old January 14th, 2003, 08:00 PM   #12
Vertigo1

Nah, I don't think they'll go that far as to do a 9th chevron. More than likely they'll still use the standard seven.
Old January 15th, 2003, 07:16 AM   #13
Apothis

I think it will be 7 as well since the location is not in another galaxy.