Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > CREATIVE BRAINS > On The Horizon
Notices
On The Horizon Working on something? With a 2D or 3D app? Is it SF - Fantasy - Real world? Let's see it!
To post art for Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old May 29th, 2003, 02:20 PM   #1
Stu

Default NX Class Tech Manual

I remember at least one or two postings for a NX-01/NX Class Technical Manual posted here a few months ago. Unfortunately I never remember seeing anything about them being finished. With recent episodes of ENTERPRISE shedding a little more light on the history of the NX Class, I thought there would be enough material for a (small) NX Class tech manual. These follwing pages are a work in progress, nothing more.

Dorsal View

Main Bridge

Phase Pistol

Comments and suggestions are very welcome. I am going for a look that is a cross between the Next Generation Tech Manual and Mr. Scott's Guild to the Enterprise.
If anyone know where I can get complete ortheographic views of the NX-01, I would be very greatful. I have the CGI views that were in Star Trek: The Magazine. I was hoping for images more clearer. Also, if any body knows of any good, clear views (side, top, front, etc.) of the shuttlepod, I would be greatful. I am currently working on the bridge stations and a cross section view of the ship. I will post new images a I get them done. Thanks.
Old May 29th, 2003, 03:12 PM   #2
Hito
Kokujin no samurai

Looks tight Stu.
You might consider doing the lables with a thinner blue line is all.

Work on the ENT tech manual is going on over at www.subspacebbs.com in the art section.
Hito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2003, 01:53 PM   #3
Stu

Here are 2 new images. One is a a cross section (or master systems monitor) and the other is a colored version of the phase pistol.

Cross Section

Phase Pistol colored
Old June 23rd, 2003, 11:46 AM   #4
Stu

Over the past month I have completed the Starboard, Dorsal, and Ventral views of the NX-01. Also, instead of making my own NX Class manual, I have joined with others over at the Subspacebbs.com art forum who have started their own manual. Here is what I have done so far:

Opinions/suggestions welcome. I'm going to be working on the Bow and Stern views over the next 2 weeks. Later.
Old June 23rd, 2003, 12:26 PM   #5
Hito
Kokujin no samurai

if paramount had any sence they would jsut contract all you guys from the subspace project to do the offical project.
I cant imagine it being any more well done or entertaining.
Hito is offline   Reply With Quote