Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > CREATIVE BRAINS > Beyond Reality
Notices
Beyond Reality No matter what the subject - be it Sci-Fi - Fantasy or Real Life / 3D - 2D or web design - this is the place to post your finished artwork for review by the forum members!
To post art for Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old September 10th, 2000, 11:28 AM   #1
Saleck

Default RFC on my animation test ...

I've tried a little flyby animation with my USS Constitution because effects look diferent in stills and in animations. Could you tell me what do you think? Perhaps offer some advices?
I should also say that the model is very 'heavy' because I want to use it for close-ups. Beacause of that has this 200 frames animation rendered quite a long time.

Here is the link: http://thunder.prohosting.com/~salec...nstitution.avi .
It's compressed with Indeo 5, size is cca 4Mb (640x480).

And here is one that I have tried before - there are some problems with glowies here.
http://thunder.prohosting.com/~salec...ution_test.avi .
It's compressed with DivX, size is cca 500kB (688x288).

[This message has been edited by Saleck (edited 09-10-2000).]
Old September 10th, 2000, 02:45 PM   #2
meshula
Master Pilot

I'd like to see the ship in tighter myself, also a little stronger light onher. The other comment I would have is to smooth the motion path, there's two discontinuities where the ship abruptly changes speed and direction. I realize the ship has pretty strong acceleration but the abrupt changes emphasize that we're looking at CG, not "reality"...
Anyway, good work so far, if you update your animation, please post again!
meshula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2000, 09:36 AM   #3
Saleck

Thank you for your comment, meshula. I've realized there is also one another problem with the starfield - it moves far too fast. The problem with these speed chnges has come from me - trying to set segmented path for the ship as a spline without correcting these speed changes. I'm working on these two problems just now ...

However, I would like to know what do you think about the glowies in the first animation (bussards, position lights blink, etc.). Do you think these are good or should I make them a little bit bigger/smaller?