Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old May 29th, 2002, 01:08 PM   #1
kingfish

Default The Shield

Hi,
This is the greatest show to come along since NYPD Blue. It is entertaining and Michael Cicklis is great as Detective Mackey. As bad as Detective Mackey is, the one thing that he does possess is morals. In one episode in order to find out where a kidnapped girl was he used some questionable methods but she was found alive anyway. In another episode he helped shut down a club that was exploiting children. This is one show that I look foward to watching every week and FX is smart enough that they repeat the episode several times so a viewer can tune in if they should miss it. It is quick moving and doesn't bore the viewer. There is more action on this show compared to NYPD Blue.

Regards,
Paul:thumbsup:

Last edited by kingfish; May 30th, 2002 at 07:25 AM..
Old May 29th, 2002, 09:14 PM   #2
General Phoenix
3DG Administrator Emeritus

I like how they write Mackey's character - in the opening episode, he shoots another cop and kills him to cover up his extra-curricular activities, but at the same time, it's hard to hate him because of everything else he does. And Chiklis shows some range, considering he previously starred as The Commish years ago on ABC. From a straight-arrow family man to this...
Old March 15th, 2003, 05:18 PM   #3
kingfish

Default Season 2

I think this season is just as great as season 1.
Old March 17th, 2003, 05:02 PM   #4
General Phoenix

Unfortunately, I've missed every damned episode of the second season so far.

Guess I'll just pick up the DVD set later in the year.
General Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2003, 10:35 PM   #5
captmiloman

Michael Chiklis also appeared as John Belushi in the movie "Wired" and Curly Howard in "The Three Stooges" TV movie. He's one hell of an actor. I rented the first two volumes of "The Shield" DVD set. Good stuff. I'm gonna have to pick this set up soon.
Old March 29th, 2003, 02:44 PM   #6
kingfish

Default Season Finale

This Tuesday April 1 is the second season finale. Chiklis is still outstanding and the show hasn't lost it's edge.
Old March 29th, 2003, 11:51 PM   #7
General Phoenix

I find it kind of disappointing that they just went with 13 episodes again this season. However, with only a few staff writers (three of them, as I recall) they're probably going more for quality than quantity.
Old April 2nd, 2003, 06:11 PM   #8
Sho

I recently bought the season one DVD box - guess what, I watched all 13 episodes in only three days.

Now, time to wait for the next DVD box, I guess.
Old April 3rd, 2003, 08:14 PM   #9
General Phoenix

I do the same thing - I buy a whole season of a series and knock 'em all out back-to-back. Just finished with Season One of Angel the other day. Now I've got to order seasons two and three from the UK so I can get another Charisma Carpenter fix.
Old April 3rd, 2003, 08:20 PM   #10
Sho

Well, I don't have access to US American television. And on German TV, "The Shield" would be dubbed (right now, it's not airing over here; it probably never will - who knows). So DVDs it is.
Old April 14th, 2003, 02:55 PM   #11
Captain Zefram Mann

If anyone has the DVDs, can you tell me if they are uncut (stuff not shown on TV)?
Old April 20th, 2003, 09:03 AM   #12
kingfish

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain Zefram Mann
If anyone has the DVDs, can you tell me if they are uncut (stuff not shown on TV)?

I believe they are uncut and with extra footage also.
Old April 26th, 2003, 01:25 PM   #13
Dark Overlord

The Shield is definitely one of my favorite shows.

It's raw, unpolished and filmed poorly which makes it look really interesting.

The characters are great.

FYI Season 2 DVD's for the Shield comeout in the fall.